Dr Alice Louey([Registered]Acupuncturist), ([Registered]Chinese Medicine Practitioner), ([Registered]Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner]
B.Sci (Biology); Dip Health (Shiatsu);
B.H.Sci (Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture)
Areas of practice for Dr Alice Louey:
Areas of interest for Dr Alice Louey:
- Pain reduction; sciatica, back pain, neck pain, sports injuries, headaches, migraines, sinus pain, jaw pain
- Women’s health; reproductive health, painful periods, irregular periods, PCOS, menopause
- Fertility support; male and female fertility concerns, IVF< ICSI and natural conception
- General health & well-being; fatigue, colds & flu, hayfever, allergies, stress, insomnia, anxiety
- Wellness programs; boosting immune system, stress management, dietary advice
- Skin conditions; psoriasis, eczema, acne, vitiligo
- Digestion; bloating, cramping, other digestive issues
- Children and infant health
Shiatsu (Japanese style of remedial bodywork)
- Lovely body stretches and use of specific acu-pressure and trigger points to ease tight knots, aches and pains
- A shiatsu session can leave you feeling refreshed, energised, and relaxed
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a holistic medicine with the fundamental principle that your health and well-being are influenced by your lifestyle, dietary habits and emotional state. Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal treatments are able to help reduce stress, aid digestion and improve general health by treating many different ailments. Preventative programs are also available.
My special interest areas in TCM include female health, stress management, pain reduction (including sciatica, muscular-skeletal, headaches and migraines) and general health and well-being.
I am specifically interested in working with children using Chinese herbal remedies for various conditions such as eczema, frequent cold and flu due to low immune system.
I have over 17 years of experience as a Shiatsu therapist. Shiatsu is a Japanese style of remedial bodywork that incorporates lovely body stretches and firm pressure applied to specific points of the body to ease tight knots, aches and pains. It is generally performed without oil application, therefore wearing loose comfortable clothing is recommended. A Shiatsu session can leave you feeling refreshed, energised and relaxed.