Cupping therapy is one of the oldest modalities in Traditional Chinese Medicine, dates back to antiquity and involves applying suction cups to the skin surface.
There are four basic techniques with cupping. One of the cupping techniques is not at a standstill in one place, and so it is called various names such as Sliding Cupping or Moving Cupping or Gliding Cupping or Walking Cupping.
Oil may be applied to the area to be treated and the cup is slowly moved over the skin by the practitioner. The sliding cup may follow a meridian pathway or an affected muscle.
Chinese medicine treatment may be able to assist with:
- Management of pain, stress and fatigue related to some autoimmune disorders, in consultation with other treating health practitioners
- Management of pain, fatigue and nausea related to many chronic diseases
- Management of vomiting or nausea arising from chemotherapy
- Pain relief and management
- Chronic pain related to depression by managing the underlying chronic pain