Needle-Free Laser Acupuncture
What Happens If I Am Scared of Needles?
Traditionally, an acupuncture treatment has consisted of sterilized needles inserted through the skin at prescribed “active” points. A recent development in acupuncture is the use of Laser acupuncture, which uses light to stimulate the same active points along the meridians, but doesn’t require penetration through skin.
Laser acupuncture treatment involves the use of a low level laser beam upon the same points that would be used in a traditional acupuncture session. This is great news for people who are uncomfortable with needles, but who would still like to receive the benefits of acupuncture. Laser acupuncture is perfect for treatments with children.
The laser used at Bing’s Natural Health is a cold infrared laser. It is a special Class 1 laser that is painless, will not burn or raise the skin temperature, is eye-safe, fully registered with the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration and meets all required standards. There have been no reported negative effects.
Stimulation of the acupuncture points induces a healing response in the body, increasing circulation to the local area and increased endorphin (the feel-good hormone) release. This is the same effect as from the use of traditional acupuncture with needles. Studies have shown that laser acupuncture is useful in:
- Reducing lymphedema,
- Reducing painful conditions like general musculoskeletal pain including neck pain, lower back pain
- Reducing Fibromyalgia,
- Reducing chronic tension headaches
- Treating sprained and strained ligaments
- Effective for tendon injuries and muscle soreness
Anecdotal evidence indicates laser acupuncture:
- Encourages the healing response in non-healing (or slow healing) wounds and fractures,
- Reduces the appearance of scars, burns and spider veins.
- Reduces skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rosacea