Bing’s Natural Health offers Natural Fertility and IVF Support
Fertility depends on your body’s balance and energy levels. Chinese Medicine is very successful in treating infertility and assisting with maternal and child health because achieving this balance is the focus of all our fertility clinic treatments.
Traditional Chinese Medicine has been treating both male and female fertility issues for thousands of years. It is safe, natural, and effective. At Bing’s Natural Health we are very dedicated to helping couples start or grow their families. In addition to helping you conceive naturally we offer strong support for couples undergoing IVF treatments and work in conjunction with your doctor and medical specialists.
Natural Fertility Clinic
Because Traditional Chinese Medicine looks at you holistically our practitioners will help you to enhance your fertility from many aspects. There are many factors involved in infertility from specific physical problems in one or both partners, to emotional and lifestyle issues.
At Bing’s Natural Health we help you take all the steps needed to safely and naturally prepare your body for conception and pregnancy. These include balancing your energies, looking at diet and lifestyle issues and using fertility acupuncture, which are all very important parts of any fertility treatment.
Acupuncture and Fertility
Studies show that acupuncture has a significant impact on fertility.
In a randomized, double-blind study conducted at a fertility centre in Germany, it was found that there was a 160% increase in rate of implantation leading to viable pregnancies when subjects had acupuncture treatment prior to and after implantation in assisted reproductive therapies (IVF & ICSI). (Paulus WE et al (2001) “Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy” Fertility & Sterility Vol 77, No 4, April 2002)
A review from researchers at the Universtiy of Adelaide found that Traditional Chinese Medicine can double pregnancy rates within a four month period compared with western medicine fertility drug treatment or IVF. (Complementary Therapies in Medicine. Reid K, Stuart K Complement Ther Med. 2011 dec; 19 (6): 319-31)
In a controlled clinical trial researchers found that acupuncture results in higher pregnancy rates (without the adverse effects) than fertility drugs for women with hyperprolactinemia (HPL). Hu J, Yan XL & Wang ZX. (2014). Acupuncture and Bromocriptine in the Treatment of Special HPL in Infertile Women. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 30(7).
Acupuncture increases fertility by:
- Naturally stimulating hormone production which regulates the menstrual cycle and ovulation;
- Increasing blood flow to the uterus and improving the quality of the endometrium;
- Increasing blood flow to the ovaries which nourishes developing follicles;
- Increasing cervical mucus and providing a healthy environment for sperm;
- Increasing chances of fertilized embryo implantation;
- Reducing stress which interferes with fertility;
- Improving the immune system;
- Increasing sperm count and motility;
- Decreasing the chances of miscarriage of viable foetuses.
Natural Conception with Traditional Chinese Medicine
Our fertility clinic experience suggests that a 3 month pre-conception treatment program provides the best outcome. This pre-conception treatment provides the optimal internal balance for your body so that both the eggs and sperm are the best quality possible. It also allows the mother time to prepare her body to cope with the stresses of pregnancy.
Recommended Course of Treatments for Optimal Conception, Pregnancy, and Childbirth Using Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Pre-conception: – weekly or fortnightly treatment (no longer than 2 weeks between each treatment) for 3 months.
- First-Trimester of Pregnancy: — weekly or fortnightly treatment for the first 12 weeks until the pregnancy is established.
- Second Trimester of Pregnancy: – no scheduled treatment but we can help with things like morning sickness, acid reflux and sciatic pain.
- Final Trimester of Pregnancy: – fortnightly treatment is recommended from the 34th week to the last week of pregnancy to maintain your good health and build your stamina in preparation for childbirth.
- Specialised pregnancy massage is available and helpful throughout your child-bearing time
- If your baby is breech or posterior, delivery is overdue, or the mother is in pain we may recommend more frequent treatments as these conditions can mostly be resolved or alleviated with Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments.
- Learn more about Traditional Chinese Medicine in pregnancy and childbirth here.
Our consultations focus on identifying imbalances and hidden problems. Your therapist will ask questions about your menstrual cycle, general health, and lifestyle. In some cases Body Basal Temperature charts may be used. During the treatment other conditions like menstrual pain, irregular periods, PMS and even sleeping problems will improve.
Fertility acupuncture treatments can increase the quality, health and quantity of male sperm. Once again, our consultations involve general health and lifestyle habits including frequency of intercourse and other relevant concerns. It takes about 3 months for the production of new, high quality sperm to occur which is the reason for beginning treatment 3 months in advance of conception to provide the highest quality environment for natural fertility.
IVF and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Unfortunately IVF has a high failure rate and the process can be very stressful. Combining your IVF treatment with Traditional Chinese Medicine practices significantly improves the success rate of IVF treatments by improving the mother’s help and creating optimal conditions for fertilisation. Many IVF specialists recommend using Traditional Chinese Medicine in conjunction with their treatment and we work closely with your specialist to promote a healthy birth.
You can learn more about IVF and Traditional Chinese Medicine here.